Kirkland & Ellis LLP, Chicago, Illinois
Partner, Corporate Restructuring October 2018-March 2019
Associate, Corporate Restructuring, October 2013 – April 2017; October 2017-October 2018
- Counsel debtor clients in all aspects of restructuring including preparation for, filing, and emergence from chapter 11 proceedings and out-of-court work-outs.
- Advise debtor clients on various bankruptcy issues, including the automatic stay, executory contracts, bankruptcy releases and injunctions, corporate governance, secured and unsecured bankruptcy claims, and post‑emergence issues.
- Negotiate and draft a wide range of bankruptcy pleadings and related documents, including disclosure statements, plans of reorganization, settlement agreements, first day pleadings, claims objections, debtor-in-possession financing motions, orders, and term sheets, fee applications, required reporting, and case closing pleadings.
- Present matters in bankruptcy court, including motions for first-day relief, claims objections, and contested plan confirmation issues.
- Review, analyze, and advise on indentures, credit agreements, intercreditor agreements, security agreements, mortgages, leases, supply agreements, public filings, and other documents regarding restructurings.
Faegre Baker Daniels, LLP, Chicago, Illinois
Associate, Bankruptcy, Insolvency, and Corporate Restructuring, April 2017-October 2017
- Advise non-debtor and creditor clients with respect to a wide range of bankruptcy issues, including filing bankruptcy claims, reducing client exposure to bankruptcy risk, and debtor-in-possession financing.
- Represent creditor clients in district court contract litigation.
Honorable Jack B. Schmetterer, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Chicago, Illinois
Law Clerk, August 2011 – September 2013: Prepared draft memoranda opinions on variety of aspects of bankruptcy law including the automatic stay in single asset real estate cases, the dischargeability of certain debts, and the validity and extent of secured claims. Reviewed and analyzed pleadings and documents in preparation for daily court call.
University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, May 2011
University of Illinois Law Review, Articles Editor
Note published at 2011 U. Ill. L. Rev. 1125
Latino Law Students Association, President 2010-2011
University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
Bachelor of Arts: Political Science May 2002